Thursday, February 17, 2011

Listed "weight capacity" of home exercise equipment - realistic or overprotective?

I am a person (from 350 to-375-ish), who wants to have a large recumbent exercise bike for exercise, and I think almost all available models resemble the list of "carrying capacity" between 250 and 300 kg, if set list. So I wonder if anyone out there can give me an idea of how realistic these weight limits in reality. Are really only there to protect the manufacturer from potential lawsuits or claims of "poor job"? (If there is indeed a serious matter, because there are models that do not bother to draw the line?) When someone who is above the threshold for use of equipment.A We're talking "It can fall apart without warning and you are on the floor with a broken leg? Or leave out the more it will wear faster with regular use, and may need to be replaced in 5 years instead of 10? I mean, I never ask what the maximum weight of, say, a chair before I sit, and I do not just go around breaking chairs sit in them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment